Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm back!  Hello there!

Okay - back to writing on the blog - has it really been 3 months since my last post??  There have been many changes over the past three months - some of which include my body getting a bit leaner and also my body starting to turn on me a little bit.  Ah, take the good with the bad, right?  My right knee...I'm wearing a brace and starting to do extra exercises during the week in the hopes of strengthening the muscles and stopping the pain.  On the positive side, however, running is definitely a part of my life now, and I feel better on the inside, and my clothes fit better on the outside.  A pretty good trade off, right?  I know that I could still do more during the week, though.  Now that Daylight Savings time has come back around, I can see myself being outside more often and for a longer period of time; adding running to that extra time is now a must. 

All that being said, I think I should be totally honest - I'm starting to fear the 10 miler a bit.  I don't want to "fail" (I don't even know how I would fail, but I guess I just want to do well - I'm not sure what that looks like, however...).  I've set the small goals of trying to run 2 miles at a time and then walk for a little bit.  I'm also going to set the goal of trying to run the entire bridge.  My last goal is to do the 10 miler in 2 hours or less. 

I am definitely in need of motivation.  I need someone to kick me in the butt and say - go do it - get out of the house - go, go, go! 

So here we go - and I mean GO!  Gamut Girls - we are one!  We are a united front!  Let's run this race!  Go, go, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment