Monday, October 17, 2011

Holy crap, I'm running.

So, I'm not a runner at all.  In fact, I'm not really a natural athlete of any sort.  I'm actually really clumsy, so anything athletic requires a great deal of effort.  A GREAT DEAL.  So the fact that I'm running willingly without being chased is blowing my mind.  I've been running for a little over a month, and I never thought I'd say it, but I think I kinda love it.

Last Sunday, I went running on the river with Bri and Charles.  It was weirdly hot for October, but we went about 4.5 miles.  I ran a few more times throughout the week, then capped it off with a run through Lemoyne with Bri and Charles on Saturday.  In case you don't know, Lemoyne is hilly.  It's the hilliest.  We did about 3.5 miles, then came back and drank some amazing homemade limeade.  

Then, Sunday.  Rickett's Glen.  We went up the Falls Trail and came down the Highland Trail.  An awesome, challenging hike!  

That's Bri and I on the trail.  Notice how freaking beautiful it is.

Now it's Monday, and I went back to work a little sore and stiff but feeling awesome.  I've got a long way to go until 10 miles, but now it seems like something that could actually happen.  And that feeling is... good.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post! My favorite part is "notice how freaking beautiful it is."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you guys, but I am a friend of Chuck's (Charles) from College. I've been on my own running journey as well so keep up the good work and good luck with your 10 miler!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kevin! Good luck with your journey, too!

    ReplyDelete